16 Aug 2012

Configuring IBM IMM from Windows (Remotely)

I had a server shipped to a remote site today and had forgotten to preconfigure the network settings for the IBM IMM. Luckily this can be configured from the machine from within Windows.

To do this, first of all download the Advanced Settings Utility for appropriate operating system, in this case Windows Server 2008 R2, so I selected the x64 version from the IBM site.

Download and extract the utility and then run it from  a command prompt. I required just the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway address changing to static values. This will also disabled DHCP on the IMM interface and then reboot the IMM to apply the new address.

asu64.exe set imm.hostipaddress1 192.168.1.10

asu64.exe set imm.hostipsubnet1 255.255.255.0

asu64.exe set imm.gatewayipaddress1 192.168.1.1

asu64.exe set imm.dhcp1disabled

asu64.exe set imm.reboot

10 comments:

Didji said...

Thanks, was very helpfull for me

Andy said...

Thanks very much - very helpful!

I had to use asu64 rebootimm instead of asu64 set imm.reboot tho....

jarrodhook said...

Thank you for this. I really appreciate it!! Here I was, thinking I had to wait till 2am to go on site to correct a mistake I made in setting up the IMM with its default IP, after chaning it, never seeing it again!!

Anonymous said...

adding --kcs at the end will speed it up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Very helpful. One thing though, there is a space missing in the DHCP command... should be "asu64.exe set imm.dhcp1 disabled"

NIghtshifter75 said...

Hi, thank you so much, you saved my day!

Anyway, In my case the last two commands did not work. Maybe I have a different version.

I figure out what could be the correct syntax, which is:

asu64.exe set imm.dhcp1 disable

asu64.exe rebootimm

THANK YOU AGAIN MAN!

Anonymous said...

Top stuff man... thanks

Novich said...

Is there a way to assign VLAN?

Anonymous said...

it works! thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

Great Post!!! Thanks